Established in 1951, Eshkol Regional Council was once called "Hevel Maon". In 1969, its name was changed to "Eshkol" named after the third Prime Minister of Israel – Levi Eshkol of blessed memory. The Council extends over an area of about 760,000 dunams (760 sq. km.).
The Council comprises thirty one Council settlements (14 kibbutzim [collective settlements], 13 moshavim [cooperative settlements], 2 community centers, and 2 communal agricultural settlements) with a population of 11,500 residents.
Manager in Chief, Treasury Dept. and Collection: Ms. Yaffa Bokovza
Council telephone no.: 08-9929111